Subject: Snoring, OSA & Sleepwell
Host: Professor Ama Johal
Study options: Online, In-person
ECPD: 6 hours
Cost: Various - from £195
It is estimated that 1.5 million people in the UK are suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) - of these, 85% remain undiagnosed…
With approximately 45% of the UK population suffering from snoring and an estimated 1.5 million suffering from OSA, this course is a must-do for those that wish to make a real difference to their patients and raise awareness that you, the dentist, can provide a solution to their problem.
Hosted by Professor Ama Johal, an internationally recognised authority on the subject of dental sleep medicine, this training is aimed at dentists that are interested in growing their knowledge and understanding of how Snoring and OSA can be successfully treated with the use of a Mandibular Advancement Splint.
YOUR SEMINAR PACKAGE
- Practical workshop: learn how to correctly screen patients and assess their risk of OSA using a Pre-screening Questionnaire
- Face-to-face guidance
- First Sleepwell appliance
- Sleepwell demo with models to show to prospective patients
- 6 hours of verifiable ECPD
- Full marketing support to help you get started
- Digital copy of seminar for you to refer back to.
RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICAL INDEMNITY
Though it is not compulsory to complete training in dental sleep medicine before offering treatments, it is recommended that you can showcase proof of training for medical indemnity. This course is recognised by medical indemnifiers as proof of training in the area.
Friday 26th May 2023
Content covered includes:
- What Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea are
- The life-changing impacts of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea if left untreated
- A review of the MAS splint options available to effectively treat these conditions, including clinical studies
- Successful patient screening, in accordance with Dental Protection Ltd requirements
- How to communicate and have meaningful conversations with your patients about treatment.
Please note that this course satisfies the requirements for medical indemnifiers.
Meet our host: Professor Ama Johal
BDS, MSC, PHD, FDS RCS [ENG], FDS RCS [EDIN], MORTH RCS [ENG], FDS [ORTH], RCS [ENG], DMS, PG CERT, FHEA.
Professor Johal is regarded as a leading UK and international authority in the management of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.
Involved in both clinical treatment, development and research in this field for over 20 years, Professor Johal’s work has been presented nationally and internationally. Having trained over 2000 GDPs throughout his career, Professor Johal is one of the leading clinicians in the UK on the use of Mandibular Advancement Splints for the treatment of Snoring and OSA.
For 2023, we are excited to announce that our In-person seminars are taking place at a brand new venue - St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London.
Located just a 5-minute walk from both St Pancras and King’s Cross, the venue is easily accessible by both train and tube.
Built in 1873, this historic venue provides stunning rooms and architecture, with our seminars hosted in The Ordish. Also included as part of the seminar package is a delicious hot buffet.
Grow Your Knowledge
COURSE OPTIONS: AT A GLANCE
Our new structure offers three different options to suit your needs. With varying benefits, you can choose which is the right option for you.