Flat Plane Hard Bite Splint
The hard flat splint is constructed on the maxillary or mandibular arch . The splint is contructed to achieve balanced contacts with all opposing supporting teeth and incisal anterior teeth edges.
This type of splint, often called a relaxation splint can be used for patients with:
- acute or chronic muscle pain.
- night time use or for no longer than 10-12 hours per day.
- Can be used in conjunction with Orthodontic treatment to 'Free-Up' the occlusion
- Upper and lower Impressions (alginate impressions are suitable)
- Centric Relation / Relaxed teeth apart bite registration
The hard flat splint is sometimes called a Relaxation Splint. It is usually made with Hard Acrylic, however we can often maximise retention and comfort by incorporating a soft lining into the fitting surface of the device.